Tuesday 8 March 2016

Medora Matte Lipsticks - Review and Swatches








We all have seen our grandmothers, moms, aunts, pretty much everyone using Medora's Lipsticks. I remember when I used to be young my only dream I used to have was to own the amazing shades my mom had. These lippies are dirt cheap and probably the only locally made cheap lipstick I completely trust to be safe (I mean generations have been using them, rightt??). 

Well, these lipsticks are very pigmented but the're difficult to apply, if you don't have a balm underneath. They're also extremely drying on the lips so, again lip balm is a MUST! They still have that typical "Medora" lipstick smell, although I'm really annoyed with weird smells in lipsticks but I guess I'm kind of OK with these. They do transfer a lot and if you use them everyday, they will make your lips go dark.


Very basic packaging, nothing too fancy. Plain grey color with gold circles on top, middle and bottom. For the price, I don't think I should really argue on the staying power. Still, they stay on for pretty decent time (2-3 hours).

They retail at a price of Rs.110 *dances*, and are available almost everywhere (from Gulf to Uzma Plaza).


Shades:

Windsor (224): A deep maroon red color with warm undertones. I bought this years back when I was new to lipsticks and I really wanted to see how reds look on me.

Saffron (213): True bright orange shade. I guess this color screams Spring, enough said.

Peach Silk (552): Red/Orange brown shade, umm.,. honestly this shade is a little hard to describe. Its kind of a brown/cinnamon shade.

Rose Berry (264): Deep rosy mauve. I love mauve shades a lot for some reason, and this is a lovely addition to my collection.
DUPE ALERT: I find this to be little similar to Revlon's Matte Balm in Sultry.

Terracotta (208): Beautiful Brown. I bought this color just because of the name, I'm automatically attracted to the things namely Terracotta (I know thats weird).


Overall Ratings: 3/5


PROS:
  • Dirt Cheap
  • Wide Color Range
  • Very Pigmented
  • Locally Available
  • Super Matte


CONS:
  • Drying
  • Leave weird white line inside lips after some time
  • Smell might annoy some
  • Transfer A lot

Lemme know what you think of these. Have you used them? Whats your favorite color?
Also, I'm planning to do a whole dupe post, what do you guys think of it?


Love you all <3

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness ! I am seeing someone for the first time embracing Pakistani local cosmetics! They was you explained it , makes me wanna come back to Pakistan n get them a bunch ! You reminded me good old days with friends n cousins when I used to live on Pakistan :) thank you! And love love! Your nail color .. You sure brought spring in the air!💓

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the first time ever i am seeing anyone doing a medora lipstick article and swatches, i have been using them since i started using makeup and believe me its been a long time !! I am 43 years old !!
    Love their shades esp. the brown shades range , their pink berry is lovely and their diva which is a deep maroonish red is out of this world .
    I use branded makeup which is very expensive but for lipsticks medora is the best for me !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check them out Shazia :)

      Delete
  3. Very well written article on the local cosmetics ! Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete