Wednesday 4 January 2017

Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation Review






Thank You SnapFam for helping me decide what to review first. I suck at making review decisions and I always want to put up the things you guys would like to see first. So here I am reviewing what you guys asked for.

Pros first, it is super doper easy to blend. Its quiet lightweight on the skin and coverage wise I'd say its light-medium. In the picture, you can see it covers my basic redness and spots without making it look like a second skin. One thing I would say is it does not smell good but its not something that bother me much. It is quiet hydrating and dewy - just the way I like it. It does needs to be set with a powder otherwise it starts to melt which doesn't exactly look very flattering. 

Coming to the cons, first off, this foundation oxidizes. Yes, whenever I wear it on its own I notice my skin going dark/orangey towards the end of the day. Secondly, longevity definitely needs more work, like for example on me most of the foundation stay put for a very long time but this didn't quiet do the job so a primer underneath and powder on top, is a must. Having said that, it stays for a considerable amount of time on mum - weird right? I guess it depends on skin to skin. Lastly, the packaging is messy as it doesn't come with a pump. Either I put way to much on my hand or either I spill it everywhere, annoying. I know.

Despite all this, I seem to reach out for this foundation quiet a lot because of the weird skin condition I'm in these days. For the past couple of months my skin's been going through a lot of changes - MYSTERIOUS CHANGES! My skin's never been this dry, ever. And I have no idea what is happening my skin's drier than the Sahara at the moment. And most of the foundation I own are matte and require skin prep but with this I can skip that, so yeah this comes in handy for my desperate dry skin days.

All in all, I've kind of mixed feelings for this foundation. I'll try using a shade light or two, just to see if it oxidizes or not because with my dry skin(God! how much I miss my oily skin *sobs*), the formula minus the oxidizing part works quiet well. In case you're wondering I'm in the shade 220-Natural Beige.

If you're looking for a lightweight everyday kind of foundation(although I'm not a huge fan of wearing any foundation on daily basis), this is your guy. It takes less than a minute to blend and looks like your skin but better. As I mentioned earlier only if didn't oxidize it would've been my absolute favorite.

In case you haven't followed my on Snapchat and Instagram, I'm "beautybyayeshaa" on both. I do product breakdowns, tutorials, first impressions and everyday ramblings there. 

2 comments: