Saturday 27 February 2016

Hair Care Routine - Thick and Frizzy Hair




Before I start I want to clarify my hair type. So, basically I have wavy/curly hair that tends to become extremely frizzy in summers. They're super long and thick (thickness is because of heredity), and I have never colored my hair. Also, I have long layered cut in my hair.

Washing:
Now, I've heard many hairstylists say that it is not wise to wash hair every other day as by doing so we also get rid of all the essential oils. But, when it comes to my long and frizzy hair if I don't wash them on alternative days they become greasy and look like I've just had an oil massage. I am currently using TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner at the moment and this, hands down has to be my favorite so far. But, I like to use L'oreal's Elvive range as well. You can find both of these brands in any superstore very easily.
Also, I'm loving Pantene's Leave-in Conditioner and Livon a lot at the moment. It sure has made my hair very manageable and shiny.
And my favorite dry shampoo has to be Baby Powder.


Hair Care:
Because I've really thick hair, I prefer home remedies when it comes to hair care. I have shared one of my favorite masks which you can find HERE, and I do have many more on my list. But my go to hair oil is a mixture of Coconut, Almond, Olive and Castor Oil. I mix these and put into to the microwave for 20 seconds and then gently massage it onto my scalp and hair. This does not only gives my hair beautiful shine but also, gets rid of frizz.


Hair Styling:
Now, this is very important we all love straightening our hair a lot and forget about the damage it makes. I always make sure to use a serum that also has heat protecting properties before I blow dry my hair. Other than that for straightening I prefer Osis's Straightening Spray and TRESemme's 7 Day Smooth System which you can find HERE.
Also, do not straighten your hair more than twice a week as it can be extremely damaging for the hair. If you've thin hair make sure not to exceed 180 degrees temperature but again I've very thick hair I use highest heat settings.

Some of my other favorite hair styling products are:
Finesse Maximum Hold Hairspray
Phil Smith Sea Salt Spray 
Nova Gold Mega Hold Gel 
I love beachy waves, easy and less damaging.

I've been using Remington's products for blow drying and straightening my hair for years and years.


I hope this was helpful for you girls out there. If you want me to review any products just let me know in the comment section below or simply drop me an email, I'll be more than glad to do it for you guys.

8 comments: