Friday 10 June 2016

How I Overcame my Acne



Last year in May I believe, I started developing acne on my face. It was nothing major just few spots here and there. As summers progressed so did my acne and by the time it was June OH MY GOD! My face became red, uneven and full of pimples.

I was still skeptical about seeing a dermatologist because I was too lazy and to be honest I was pretty OK with it. I mean we all have bad skin days right? I got so many people going like"Why don't you do something about it?" Blah blah blahh... But nope, that wasn't the reason I got my acne treated. I treated it because I wanted to.

And for the record the people passing comments weren't my "friends" and I'm pretty sure they weren't concerned at all. The reason I'm telling you all this is because I know how it feels. I just want to say if you're a girl who isn't blessed with a clear and naturally flawless skin don't make it your worst nightmare. Do something about it because YOU want to not because society forced you to.

Anyways, I decided to go to Dr. Afzal Lodhi, as I heard great things about him. He started with his usual treatment which included some capsules, topical lotions and a night cream. At first it sucked life out of my skin, it literally became flaky and extremely dry. But it was all normal and glowy towards the end. The treatment continued till December'15 - good 6 months! 

The thing I love the most about him is he's never in a rush. He listens to you, he's calm and takes his time and to examines and EXPLAINS each and everything. He never tells you to stop eating this and that nor gives you weird whitening creams or prolongs the treatment to earn some extra bucks. Obviously, your skin will definitely feel brighter and more glowing as you'll be taking care of it 24/7 during the treatment. 

If you're not comfortable with a certain medicine just tell him and I'm pretty sure he'll find an alternative. Don't be afraid, talk to your dermatologists about all your concerns and I'm sure they'll always be there to solve them for you.  Long story short - I'm glad I chose him!

Lastly, I do not have any pimples on my skin anymore, just some occasional breakouts *yaaass*. But, I still do have some acne marks and spots as I refused to take any further harsh treatments - the idea of machines touching my skin scares hell outta me! And like I always say, its alright, Nobody is Perfect! 

Would I Recommend Getting Acne Professionally Treated? Definitely!
Its not magic it'll take time. BE PATIENT!
I can't assure you that he is the Dermatologist for you but as far as I'm concerned never ever trying anyone else now.

Note: I've tried each and every DIY(gharailu tootaky) nothing worked for me.
Love ya'all 
Don't forget to follow me on Snapchat for GRWMs, Tutorials, QnAs etc.
Snapchat: beautybyayeshaa
Feel free to ask me anything in the comment section below !👇

No comments:

Post a Comment