Friday 26 February 2016

Colourpop Ultra Matte Foxy and Bumble - Review and Swatches



left to right (Beeper, Clueless, Tulle, Creeper, More Better)
Bumble


To be honest, I don't know why it took me ages to review these beauties. I absolutely love liquid matte lipsticks they're long lasting and once you get hang of it, they do not budge or bleed. Still, I'm not quiet sure how I feel about these lipsticks. I bought Bumble and then Foxy Set as I wanted to try them more and check colors before I buy the full size product. The color range is amazing and I'll definitely be buying more shades.

Formula:
Like all other liquid lipsticks formula is liquid that dries into super matte lipstick. It goes on smooth but it does feel heavy on the lips which I'm not a very big fan of. They're super drying so be sure to use a lip balm underneath. In addition to this, the color range is amazing but some of them are quiet patchy and they come off patchy too. Lastly, they enhance lines on my lips (but all matte lipsticks do that). Like I mentioned earlier they're easy to apply and do not budge or bleed (but, I do apply lip liner for precise application)


Shades:

For the reference I'm C3 in MAC.


Beeper: It is described as a mid-toned taupe color. This color on me is a little weird, I mean I don't know it seems more grey then taupe on me. I washes me out but then I like it as well. I guess I'll have a love/hate relationship with this shade.



Clueless: Described as dusty mauve pink. I've kind of yellow undertones and it turns out a little pale on me, but my cousin has pink undertones and this color is her HG. It look stunning on her, so if you're a girl with pink undertones this is YOUR shade.



Tulle: A dusty mauve burgundy shade is all you need for fall/winter. This color is so stunning it is the right amount of color in the lips. Nothing too dark or light just perfect. It is perfect for the vampy lip trends. Honestly, a must have on the vanity. I'll soon be buying it in full size.



Creeper: True Marilyn Monroe kinda color, classic blue red. I'm not a very red loving person, I guess its probably the dominating effect that scares me, but this color is something I'm sold to. It looks so pretty and compliments my medium/desi skin tone. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!



More Better: I was most exited about this color and is probably my least favorite of all. Described a deep violet wine. Now, I don't know if its my lips or the shade, it did not look like anything in the picture. After applying this color it was just my lips on the face (weirrdd).


Bumble: Dusty warm terracotta, this bad boy made me try all the other shades. It is such a pretty color, on me its more pink then terracotta but, I love the shade what so ever.

Packaging:
They come in long glass/plastic transparent tube (which makes it easier to tell what color it is) with an applicator wand lid. Nothing too fancy what so ever but, still looks cute on my vanity.

Staying Power:
Longevity is decent but if you're a chatterbox (like me), they get patchy and you've to be extremely careful while eating an oily meal as it will remove some of it in the most unattractive way that you can think or imagine. Also, while drinking anything hot they do transfer on the mug/glass.


Price and Availability:

I got Bumble from International Makeup in Pakistan for 1150/- and the set was gift but I believe it retails for Rs.3400/- 

Be sure to order only from trusted pages/sites as a lot of them are now selling fake stuff in the name or original brands.

Overall Ratings:
3.75/5.

Do let me know in the comment section below which shade was your favorite and are you a lipstick freak just like I am? ^_^

Love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment