Sunday 15 May 2016

How to Tell if a Product is Fake?



Thank you so much for such a warm feedback for, Side Effects of Replica Cosmetics. I honestly can not thank you guys enough. You all are the BESST <3

I will first be telling you guys how to detect fake cosmetics, and then some of the pages and websites that I personally trust and frequently order from. 

How to Tell if a Product is Fake??

  • The first and foremost factor is price. MAC lipsticks retails for $17, so if a page claims it be for Rs.1600-1700/- its is definitely fake. Don't forget about the customs and profit that they keep for themselves as well.
  • Another way to check is the product is fake, try to google the details of the products first i.e., Price, Packaging etc and most importantly, does that product even exist? (Naked Palettes ends on No. 3)
  • High-End brands do not retail products is WHOLESALE, at least not the ones I know about.
  • Spellings is one of the major factors which determine if a product is fake. Description would be mixed and difficult to read if a product is fake.
  • For drugstore brands try buying them from a well-known store, be it online or a superstore.
  • Try confirming the authenticity of a page/website/group by searching for online reviews, asking from friends etc. Do not blindly order things.
  • Always ask the owner of the page if the products you're ordering are authentic because just in case you get fake things, you can let everyone know about it later.
  • There are few online pages that are selling fake cosmetics for original prices please, beware of that as well.

My Trusted Pages/Websites?

I'll be briefly going through this as I'm still doing my research and will soon be coming up with a whole post just about online shopping for cosmetics in Pakistan. Please note, there can be many more pages that sell original cosmetics but I'll only be recommending the ones I've personally tried.

Beauty Arts (the owner is the sweetest you can find)

Hope it helps!
Love ya'all 


7 comments:

  1. Does these sites la viva glam, indealth, semora, beautybar sell original makeup ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kainat,
      Indealth does sell original stuff (my friend tried it).
      I can't say anything about the other three, I've heard they do sell original products but since I haven't tried them personally, there is no guarantee. :)

      Delete
    2. Heyy. LA Viva Glam, Indealth and Beautybar sell original makeup, many of my friends have bought from these pages!

      theglamourfactor.blogpsot.com

      Delete
  2. So the sites you have mentioned do sell orignal ones? Like what kind of guarentee does they give their buyers of genuiness and have you tried them all ? So have you spotted anything wrong? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheida,
      Yes, they do sell original products. And the reason I've mentioned only these is that I've personally ordered from them and so far none of the products were fake/copies.

      Delete
  3. I heard that just4girlz.pk sell original products but i had HORRIBLE experiences with them TWICE! Never ordering from there again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I'm sorry to hear that.
      Except for the poor delivery, I've never had any issues with them.

      Delete