Saturday 28 May 2016

Rivaj - The Color Art






Rivaj UK is not in any way a new brand. However, it sure is my first time trying it. You guys know me I love brands that don't cost me an arm and a leg - I mean who doesn't like a good bargain? And honestly, a Rs. 99/- lipstick, who wouldn't want that!

I bought two lip-sticks and two lip liners, for some reason the shopkeeper sold me each lip-stick for Rs. 120/- however, you can find them online for Rs. 99/- 
I had to mention it!

First off, the formula(of both lip-stick and lip liner) goes butter smooth when you swatch them on the back of the hand but as soon as you apply the on DRY lips, the buttery texture vanishes - sounds weird right? The application becomes patchy and harsh. However, with a lip balm underneath, it glides on smooth. So, if you don't mind velvety/ creamy looking lipsticks, they're your drill.

Secondly, can anyone say Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick dupe? Obviously, the Maybelline's ones are a perfect mixture of matte and cream - best of both worlds.  And they glide on like butter. Rivaj ones are a little hard to apply without a lip balm underneath and at least two application are required for you to get somewhat similar texture and look. Now, they're in no way identical twins but rather sisters and guys with a price tag of Rs. 99/- I cannot complain. In short, you can say a lower quality versions of Color Drama Lipsticks.

There is nothing fancy about the packaging but since its wood/ plastic, it sure is quiet travel friendly. It stays for about 2-3 hours and if you eat something greasy you'll have to reapply. 

I'd recommend these only you're looking for everyday nude shades and some basic lip liners. I do like them but then they failed to impress me much. If you're taking a sneaky trip to the shops anytime soon definitely check them out - be your own judge
Overall Ratings: 2.5/5
Love ya'll 

SHOP THE POST For Rs. 99/- and Rs. 49/- Respectively


No comments:

Post a Comment