Wednesday 4 May 2016

Color Studio Professionals Pure Matte Lipsticks - Review and Swatches







FIND THEM HERE FOR Rs.750/-


I'm sure by now you guys are familiar with my obsession with lip products.  I adore a good matte lipstick, I do wear lip glosses but in general I hate the sticky feeling. Unless and until and I do not feel like I need a gloss for a look, I do not wear it what so ever.

Color Studio is an incredible and affordable brand for lipsticks. These matte lipsticks come in various shades from nudes to pinks, from reds to oranges you name it. 

Formula of Pure Matte's is not very creamy nor very dry it is somewhere in the middle. I honestly cannot find the right word to describe it but, it is definitely not very patchy or and has a decent coverage. They do dry out my lips, but then they are matte so I cannot really argue on this part.

They do transfer a bit and after you have something oily keep it mind your lips will end looking extremely oily (in a creepy way).  They also start to crumble after few hours which looks pretty unattractive and umm.. BAD! Saying that, these are crazy pigmented like I mentioned earlier, one-two swatches are enough to cover up the whole lips. Moreover, they smell amazing. 

They stays on (if worn carefully) for about 3-4 hours but if you're someone like me who eats and talks a lot then do not expect it to last for more then 2-3 hours maximum. Lastly, the packaging is to die for. very light and cute.

Tip: Always keep the shade you are wearing in the purse so that if it gets oily or starts to crumble, you can always reapply it.

Magnetize: It comes out orange-peach on my lips and is definitely a must have for the summer season.

Monsoon: It is quiet similar to Magnetize, but has a hint of pink to it. Again, a gorgeous summer shade.

Persian Red: I'm not much of a red lipstick kinda girl but this is such a wearable shade. It is dark, yet not very intimidating. It definitely makes my teeth look whiter.

Romance: Easiest way to describe it would be Tomato Red. It is a bright orange based red. Once again a summer shade.

La Rouge: Among all the shades I own from this range my favorite one has to be La Rouge. It is a beautiful Hot Fuchsia Pink shade.

Missionary: It is one of those pale colors that I will never be able to carry *cries*. I don't know whether its these shades or my complexion they never seem to complement each other. Anyways, missionary is pale orange/peachy color which will definitely compliment fair complexions.


Overall Ratings: 3.5/5

PROS:
  • Full Coverage
  • Crazy Pigmented
  • Easily Available
  • Shades Are to Die For
  • Matte Finish
  • Affordable
CONS:
  • Crumble and Fade Unevenly
  • Drying
  • Not Quiet Appropriate for all the Food Lovers Out There


I hope you guys found this review helpful. Do let me know which one was your favorite shade in the comment section below.

Love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment