Thursday 7 April 2016

Beauty Steal #2 - Color Play Lipsticks






Funk and Charlotte

I'm honestly not much of a bold lip person. Its not that I do not like the colors or I fear going bold, its just i do not like the mess it makes like all smudging etc. Saying that, I still love collecting them, I mean you never know when you'll actually need it.

Today, I'll be reviewing Color Studio Professional's Color Play Range. They came out a while back and the moment they came out I knew I wanted them in my collection. Now the reason, I have made them a part of my beauty steal is that these lipsticks are so amazing I honestly feel like I haven't tried anything like them before.

The formula is just incredible, they're super pigmented like just one-two swatches and you're good to go. They go on smooth and they're not extremely matte but, enough matte for my liking, the velvet-matte balance is just perfect. Saying that, they do smudge a lot, I have to be very careful while applying so that I don't end up looking like a clown. I currently own two of them and both are bold/fall kind of lipsticks, I will not comment on the lighter shades but the darker ones are definitely really good.

The staying power somewhere in the middle I would say. It is weird the more I apply the more it stays (sometimes I wear bold lipsticks as stains). But on an average they stay for about 3-4 hours, which is actually a pretty decent time.

Packaging is cute, very standard but I feel it won't be very travel friendly. Since its plastic it might break and you'll end up with a red messy bag.

Funk: It is gorgeous purple toned brown/grayish color. It literally screams winter/fall. 

Charlotte: It is a warm reddish/maroon shade which can easily be paired a smokey eye or will even look great without it.

Overall I'd rate these 4/5.
Love ya'll 

PROS:
  • Beautiful Color Range
  • Affordable
  • Easily Available
  • Formula is Incredible
  • Demi-Matte Finish
  • Moisturizing 
  • Smells Good

CONS:
  • Smudge A Lot
  • Doesn't Stay for Very Long
  • Not Travel Friendly

FIND IT HERE FOR Rs.695

No comments:

Post a Comment