Friday 19 February 2016

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick Scarlet Ghost - Review and Swatch







All of us strive for moisturizing dark lipstick in fall/winters and unfortunately most of us can not find it (Alas!). I was actually surprised when I tried this Max Factor's Lipstick only recently in the shade"Scarlet Ghost", it both dark and hydrating. It is so far the most comfortable lipstick I've worn. 

Formula:
The formula of this lipstick is very soft and creamy. It glides on very smooth and does not bleed, I do wear lip liner underneath as I'm used to it but with this lipstick I wouldn't mind going without it. It is extremely pigmented and just one or two coats would be more than enough. 

Shade:
The shade you guys is honestly to die for. It is the perfect raspberry/burgundy sorta color with blue/purple undertones to it. The shade is pretty cool and can be easily worn with a black winged eye liner. It is great for dusky/medium skin tones.

Packaging:
I love the packaging of it as well. The gold lid, the 'X' on the lipstick and transparent thing that shows the color just make me give 5/5 on the packaging. I mean there is absolutely nothing wrong with the packaging it actually looks like luxury lipstick rather a drugstore one.  


Staying Power:
The staying power is AMAZING. It stays well, does not budge and to be honest for a moisturizing lipstick I'm yet to see this combo. 

Price and Availability: 
If you read my blog you'll know I prefer shopping online. I couldn't find this lipstick anywhere online in Pakistan. But yes in UK it is retailing at a price of 7.99pounds. But I guess you can only find them at shops/super markets that stock Max Factor products.


Overall Ratings: 4.5/5


I hope the review was helpful for you guys. Do you like mattes or creamy lipsticks more?

No comments:

Post a Comment