Saturday 9 April 2016

Revlon ColorStay Makeup For Normal/Dry Skin 'Nude' - Review





Revlon's Color Stay Foundation has become very famous from the past few months, I was really tempted and exited to try this but no matter how hard I tried, this product didn't work for me.

To start with, I've oily/combo skin but since I bought this foundation in winters when my skin reaches to the peak to dryness, I bought this for Normal/Dry Skin in the shade Nude. Now, normally in winters my skin goes a shade lighter for some reason and all my foundations look way to tan(I'm Beige or Sand Beige in general), this foundation made me look like a ghost. Ok, I know the shade is very light for my liking but I do have other foundations which are 1-2 shades lighter, but you can always make them work with the right amount to bronzer and blending but this, just made my skin look unnatural and awful.

It is very heavy on the skin as well,  and would definitely feel a second layer on your skin with this. Whenever I wore this, it make me look so cakey that I felt like Vanilla Frosting. Saying that, it does have decent coverage but then again you can definitely not blend it with fingers. This product might work for normal skin but definitely it is not for someone with dry skin. 

Despite all this, I did a full day test and it did stayed on for a decent amount of time. But, after 4-5 hours it started to get patchy and shiny but that is something with every other foundation. But again, you must need to use a damp sponge to blend this thing properly.

Lastly, I like bottle but it doesn't come with a pump which is a simply annoying and unhygienic.

Overall, it would've impressed all the girls out there but for me this was just another fail. I'd rate it 2.25/5.

Find it at any superstore for Rs. 2140


PROS:
  • Good Coverage
  • Wide Shade Range
  • Good Staying Power


CONS:
  • Heavy on the Skin
  • Clog Pores
  • Expensive for the Quality
  • Not for Dry Skin
  • Difficult to Blend
  • A primer beneath is a Must

I love Revlon as a brand but this product is not worth the hype at all. Also, if you guys know any good full coverage foundation do let me know in the comment section below.

Love you all <3


No comments:

Post a Comment